First of all, Happy New Year!
My original plan was to hit the ground running with a fully finished novel and $1000 to get things going. So much for best laid yadda, yadda, yadda….
Instead, I have several half finished novels and…no fucking clue. Scratch that, I have a sort of clue, mostly because I have forced myself into a niche that is potentially profitable and something I can actually stomach writing.
So we begin with one pen name that has a seedling social media presence. In order of importance: Facebook, Instagram, blog, Pinterest, Twitter. I also have a book that I think will work well to start with. Now I just have to finish the damn thing.
I teetered back and forth with the idea of multiple pen names, mostly because I have some sort of ADHD that gets bored with one thing at a time, but with a day job, that’s just too many bowling pins to juggle. Perhaps when I quit, or this pen name completely bombs.
So again, starting off the year with:
- One Pen name for full-length novels (55K words or more)
- $1000 to get me rolling specifically with:
To Do this week:
- At least one social media thing a day
- Work on a cover for the first book
- 4000 a day, NO EXCUSES!
And since this is the first post of the New Year, 2018 GOALS:
- $500,000 in gross income from writing
- Start an LLC or some sort of limited liability company
- 10,000 Newsletter subscribers
- Make it to the Top 100 in Romance on Amazon
- USA Today bestseller
- Quit day job? (Only if Congress gets it’s act together re: ACA)
If you’re going to dream, dream big!